Well I knew that you would all fall in love with the Mulberry Wood CD Rom from Crafters Companion and I have had a few requests to do a tutorial for the concertina card using the shaped cards on the CD. Sorry it has taken me longer than usual but life is abit hectic at the moment. I have to admit that this card was not my idea I found it on a blog a couple of years ago and wrote down the instructions and to be honest had forgotten all about it till I was having a tidy up, so I am really sorry that I can't give the lovely person whose blog it was the credit.
You will need:
14 sheets of A4 printable paper from Crafters Companion
6 sheets of A4 printable light weight card from Crafters Companion
1 sheet of A3 white Centura Pearl cardstock from Crafters Companion
3 sheet 12 x 12 Core'dinations cardstock
Mulberry Wood Everyday CD Rom
4 pieces of 12 x 12 Centura Pearl white card stock
Ultimate Pro and Boxer Board from Crafters Companion
Double Sided Tape
9 Silver Paperclips
10 Coloured Paperclips
Collall 3d Glue
Quickie Glue Pen
Piece of ribbon approximately 30" long
1. First I printed from the Mulberry Wood Everyday CD Rom 4 sheets of backing papers two of each design.
2. Taking your 12 x 12 cardstock cut four pieces to measure 12" x 6.5". Then taking one of these pieces cut it again into three pieces, one measuring 6" x 6.5" and two pieces measuring 2" x 6.50". So you should now have three pieces of card 12" x 6.5", two pieces of card 2" x 6.50" and one piece 6" x 6.50".
3. Then taking your 3 pieces of cardstock measuring 12" x 6.5" and your one piece measuring 6" x 6.5" using your Ultimate Pro and Boxer Board and score them at 3" intervals.
4. Now using your scoring tool burnish all your score lines and fold as shown.
5. Take your two pieces of card that measure 6.5" x 2" and score them at 1".
6. PLEASE NOTE FOR THE NEXT SET OF INSTRUCTION DO NOT CUT ANY SLITS IN THE FIRST AND LAST PANEL OF YOUR PIECE OF CARD WITH 8 PANELS.
Taking your piece of card with 8 panels, starting at the second panel and through to the seventh panel, from the bottom of the panel and in the centre of the panel cut a 3.5" slit in each of these six panels. I have marked a B to donate that this is the bottom of the panel to make it easier when putting together and it will be covered with backing paper.
7. Take your piece of card with six panels and this time from the top of the panels and in the centre of the panel cut a 3.5" slit in all of the six panels. Again I have just marked the letter T on one of the panels.
10. This is much easier to decorate whilst it is apart but you will need to mark the panels first. For this I have used 10 coloured paper clips and 9 silver paperclips. So when you take it apart you can put one backing paper on the panels with the silver paperclips and another backing paper on the panels with the coloured paper clips. I have put the coloured ones on the back panels and the silver ones on the front panels. You will see why this is a good idea when you take it apart to decorate.
11. Now leaving on the paperclips carefully take it apart to decorate using your backing papers from the Mulberry Wood Everyday CD Rom.
14. When your glue has dried concertina your card up again into its folds and you will now have a small white panel left at each end . Using your sheet of A3 Centura Pearl Cardstock cut two pieces of card 6.5" x 6.5" this is for the back and front of the card. Place some of your Collall glue of the white front and back panels and attach your 6.5" panels.
15. Print of a sheet of your chosen decoupage onto light weight printable card. Cut out and using your Collall 3D glue layer up your decoupage and leave to dry. On the front of the card in the centre place a piece of double sided tape horizontally and attach your ribbon. From the Mulberry Wood Everyday CD Rom print off your matching backing paper and using your core'dination card matt and layer onto the front of your card. I have added another piece of ribbon and used my quickie glue pen to add some glitter but again this is just personal choice.
16. I then matt and layered my core'dinations and backing paper for the inside of the front cover. I printed of a sheet of the embellishments to match my front cover size A5 and again using my quickie glue pen glittered the tag and added a small bow
17. Again matt and layer your card and backing paper for the back page of your card and add an insert and verse.