BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

Hangbag card - This one's for Wendy

Today my post is for my blogger friend Wendy,  (check out her blog Purple Crazy ), who was the lovely lady who helped me when I was setting up my blog. She asked me yesterday for some instructions for the stepper card I made and I must be honest when I wrote them down, I got myself in abit of a pickle, so that one is for a later date. So, instead Wendy I hope that you like this one as much. I made this handbag card yesterday, well more of a gift really, whilst playing with a piece of 12 x 12 core'dinations cardstock which of course I bought from Crafters Companion. So as this is not too complicated for me to write the instruction I thought that I would share it with you. This is such an easy card to make but, I must admit the decorating of the card took the most time, but the good thing about that is, that you can decide on how much or little you would like to decorate it, I got abit carried away and did both sides.






To make this I used:

Popcorn Pals CD's one and two from Crafters Companion
Spellbinders dies
Flowers and brads from my stash
Martha Stewart punch for the hearts
4 Joy crafts die for the flowers.
Boxer board and Ultimate Pro from Crafters Companion for your scoring
Plenty of Glue
Piece if Core'dinations 12 x 12 cardstock
Small Velcro fastener

You will need to score your piece of 12 x 12  Core'dinations cardstock every 4" both ways this will give you a set of 9 squares, I have used my Ultimate Pro and Boxer Board for this. The four corner squares need to be scored diagonally across the square from the outer corner to the inner corner. On the two outside middle panels mark the centre point and score to the inner corners of the square. I have taken some photos to show you how I have scored the card which hopefully will make the instruction make more sense. All your score lines need to be folded and scored well with your bone folder and every fold needs to be a valley fold. For the handles I have used a strip of 1" card and secured with a brad and glue and the fastening strap is 0.75" wide again secured with a brad and glue and a Velcro fastener.



I am entering this into the following:

Make it Monday - Favourite Project
Charizma - All About Flowers
Craft Your Passion - Just for You
KB Challenge - Something Cute
Stamp Insanity - Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss - Summertime

Thanks for stopping by.

Pam xx

20 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous creation Pam, love it

Ali x

starcyl said...

Wow Pam you are quick off the mark today, this is such a lovely idea and one I may have borrow from you. Great that you have given instructions so we can all have a go. Many thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Hi Pam - ditto all that Jenny said. A wonderful creation and thank you for sharing the know how. THank you also for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx

Christine said...

Hi Pam, this is a beautiful handbag and an idea I may also borrow from you. Thanks for giving the instructions, that is what crafting is all about, sharing things/
Thanks for joining in with us this week over at CD Sunday. Hope we see you again.
Hugs
Christine xx

Tess said...

Just beautiful Pam and great instructions. Thanks for sharing with us this week at CD Sunday. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, this is a fab shape, love it. Marianne x

Sylvia x said...

wow great handbag and perfect ofr our challenge. Thank you for joining us and for the tut

Sylvia x

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous the detail is just amazing and love the shape great tutorial too bless you for playing at creative craft we really appreciate your support hugs cheryl xxxx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous tutorial and magic results.Gorgeous project.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Zoechaos said...

This is just wonderful and so clever love it. dropped by from Make it Monday so glad am discovering treasures that would never be seen otherwise. XOXO Zoe

Julye said...

What a clever card and love all the pretty roses too thanks for sharing with us all here at CCC and good luck.

Sharon said...

This is a fabulous creation. I have never seen anything like it. Well done, such creativity. Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Sharon

Scrappy Scatty said...

this is totally fab!
thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz
Love Jan
xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What an amazing handbag/card, Ive never seen one done like this before. Your instructions look very clear though, so I might have a go.
Sue

Purple Crazy said...

Hi there Pam, hope you are well. Wow, so effective and easier than you would think, love it, great to see you joining us at CD Sunday. xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow what fabulous design.. so pretty
Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
Lisa X

Unknown said...

Pam this is just beautiful, love it.
and just got to have a go at making it.
Love the flowers on the strap.
Well done babes

Marie Richardson said...

wow Pam this is great, thanks so much for the instructions am just away to try and have a go now its my sisters b'day on Wednesday and I think sahe will love this. I have bought her a new handbag aswell so this will go great.
Thanks again for such a great creation.
Hugs
Marie xx

Heike said...

Wow! What a brilliant project. Love it.

Hugs, Heike x

Cazann49 said...

Hi Pam, thanks for this fab project and taking the time to photo each part of tutorial. Am going to LOVE making this..:)..xx